Friday, November 6, 2009

Time to Start Blogging About Writing and Publishing

It's time to start blogging about writing and then trying to get published. I've been writing for years, but never thought too seriously about trying to publish my stories. It's been entertainment for myself, only. But I'm going to give it a try, I think ...

I've been kicking around various ideas for a science fiction universe for many years.  I'm a huge fan of both sci-fi and fantasy, as well as some horror/unusual so I have some idea of what I like. So that's how I've been drafting my stories to this point; echoing the themes and styles I have loved, while trying to create some unique perspectives, and using my own voice. Problem is, the stories are not in the kind of shape I'd like them to be before showing them around, so that's one reason I need to get serious.

To make this happen I need to start being more disciplined about my writing habits. Create some kind of schedule or goals - right now I only write when the muse strikes.  That is the reason I've started this blog. A place to get my act together, chart progress, and maybe get a bit of support from other writers now and then.

Next. Bryce Ellicott is a pen name. I didn't like the ring of mine for sci-fi and fantasy. I used some amazingly complex scheme to come up with it (not). So you can assume certain aspects of Bryce have been made up, since I like fiction anyway. You can also assume that any writing that I say is mine, really is my original writing. Otherwise the blog has no point.

Pax

Image Credit:  NASA

No comments: